Nicky started her career in the industry working for a local salon in the town and in Little Common after qualifying with IHBC and City and Guilds diploma in Beauty Therapy at Brighton Technical College in 1989. There she learnt many additional skills from her former employer who she still is great friends with today. “Margot taught me a lot in my early years and I will always be grateful for the opportunity and knowledge that she gave me.” “My passion was always to travel with my trade”. So at the young age of 20 Nicky joined the cruise liners around America working in the spas on board ship.
On returning from travelling Nicky opened Beauty Basics 29 years ago, firstly in a friends Hair Salon in the back room in Langney until the time came when she was able to acquire a unit within Winston Crescent in 1998.
Since then Nicky has furthered her knowledge and career taking many post graduate courses, such as:
- Apilus Electrolysis painless hair removal and Advanced Electrolysis the removal of skin tags and thread veins. Training with Janice Brown one of the UK’s leading Electrologist.
- Acrylic Nail Extensions Diploma with Denise Wright one of the UK’s leading Nail Technicians.
- Becoming a Dermalogica stockist and gaining more knowledge with the International Dermal Institute. A Murad Stockist again gaining vast knowledge from Dr Murad and having the honour to meet him at a private promotional function in London.
- With her passion for hair removal the Award winning company Lynton Laser, permanent hair removal and skin rejuvenation became an obvious choice to obtain the highest results and standards within the aesthetic industry.
- Achieving amazing results with permanent hair removal to compliment her electrolysis skills, and also IPL Skin Solutions. Now offering the incredible illumi Facial, her vast knowledge of the the skin allows her to achieve outstanding results in Rejuvenation, Pigmentation, Thread vein Removal, Rosacea and Acne Treatments.
- Having followed Karen Betts as a young therapist. Nicky was keen to join the intensive training program with Nouveau Contour Semi-Permanent Make Up and later KBPRO Microblading. Being one of the first KBPRO artists when launched.
Surviving this current Pandemic when COVID-19 hit our lives having to close the salon for most of 2020. Nicky is keen to get back in the driving seat and push her salon through to 2021 when we will hopefully be able to treat our clients once more.
Offering a mind of information and knowledge in her long standing experienced career. With her team of talented Therapists’ Nicky looks forward to seeing you in the salon again and celebrating the safe comeback from one of the hardest years we have all known. ❤️
We now have an online booking system to make appointments with Georgia or Chloe.